The Republican Umbrella Group
To Whom it May Concern
Be it known that a resolution was re-inforced at the 33rd Annual National Republican Convention held at Ipswich, SEQ 4305 on Saturday, 23 March, 2019 to the effect that:
Privacy of the Memberships/Client Bases of
- Republican Party of Australia (The Australian Republicans) *a federally-registered
political party [a.k.a. The RPA]
- Land Value Taxation Society of Australia
- Republican Wine Club
- Republican Coffee Club
- Republican Olive Oil Estate
- Republican Treasure Chest
- The Sustainable Land Management Trust
- Wattle Day Events &
- Campaign for Australian Constitutional Change
Was of utmost importance to the National Executive of The Republican Umbrella Group and that, as such, secrecy would be maintained to the extent necessary to ensure Members’/Clients’ personal contact information was restricted and kept confidential except in the case of The RPA whose Membership Lists must be divulged, per triennial spreadsheets, to the Australian Electoral Commission.
The resolution was extended to adopt a form of words which would comprise a PRIVACY GUARANTEE for
- Membership of the governing political party [The RPA] and the other eight (8) complementary bodies (Lobby Groups and Customer/Client bases);
- Persons who bought Guessing Competition Tickets or other items of merchandise from whichever body, whenever;
- Persons who in any one financial year gave up to $13,000 to the governing political party [The RPA] as a Donation.
The PRIVACY GUARANTEE reads as follows:
All personal information provided on the applicable joining/order form will not be used for any other purpose than as Data Base reference material** for The Republicans Umbrella Group [RUG]. It will not be copied, sold on or passed on to any other outside organisation or individual.
**In this context, follow-ups by mail, phone, fax, e-mail etc could only occur with the complete authority of The National Executive of The Republican Umbrella Group [RUG]. This means, explicitly, that The National Executive Director of RUG must authorise individuals e.g. Interstate Co-Convenors of The RUG Combined Enterprise, in writing, to go about such follow-ups e.g. for (further) fund-raising purposes or to invite people to certain events or to renew or UPgrade their Membership status etc.
PETER CONSANDINE, National Executive Director